S-100 Geospatial Information Registry
S-100 Geospatial Information Registry contains several registers (online databases) that include items of information that are relevant to those communities developing of S-100 based products and services.
Example registers include:
- Feature Concepts (used to build Feature Catalogues)
- Portrayal Information (used for the development of Portrayal Catalogues)
- Produces Codes - assigned to data producers
- Product Specifications (+ associated resources)
- Product Test Beds
The information contained in the Registry can be freely accessed, however items can only be added or changed by the managers of approved Submitting Organizations (owners).
The Registry, includes a administration and governance framework that determines how the content of the various registers are managed (i.e. how items are included and maintained in the registers). Items are classified into the community domains which listed below;
|IHO Hydro||IHO||NIPWG and S-100WG joint domain|
|WMO ICE||WMO ETSI|
|WMO Weather||WMO ETMSS|
The Domain Control Body (DCB) consists of a representative of each of the domains. Its members are responsible for;
- acting as the spokesperson for their domain,
- canvassing other members in their domain for an opinion on the acceptability of any new proposal, and
- forwarding a decision to the Register Manager within 60 days
The Executive Control Body (ECB) consists of a representative of each Domain. The ECB monitors and advise Register Manager(s), and arbitrates on decisions or disputes in the Register process.