IHO 100 Years
The celebrations for the 100th anniversary of the creation of the International Hydrographic Bureau on 21 June 1921 will include speeches from distinguished guests and a webinar on the future of hydrography and the implications for the work of the IHO, both of which will be broadcast live.
The reception at the IHO Secretariat is scheduled for 10:00 to 11:30 CEST on Monday 21 June 2021 and will be broadcast live via the IHO YouTube channel.
In addition to a speech by the Secretary-General Dr Mathias Jonas, the following participants have confirmed that they will address the local audience and remote spectators:
- HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco
- Laurent Kerléguer, Director General of the French Hydrographic and Oceanographic Service (Shom).
- HEM Peter Thomson, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for the Ocean.
The webinar will start at 14:00 CEST and will include a panel discussion focused on the future of hydrography and implications for the work of the IHO.
Click here to register for the webinar.
The panelists represent a wide range of IHO stakeholders, namely:
- Dr Geneviève Béchard (Canada) – National Hydrographer of Canada and Chair of the IHO Council
- Bjørn Jalving (Norway) - Senior Vice President Technology at Kongsberg
- Emma Wise (United Kingdom) – Sales Director at SevenCs/ChartWorld International
- Dr Peter Heffernan (Ireland), Ocean Ambassador, Former CEO Marine Institute Ireland
The webinar will include an overview of the past 100 years of international collaboration in hydrography as well as of the future of hydrography, with implications for a data centric approach. There will also be interventions from partner organizations including:
- Dr Valdimir Ryabinin, IOC UNESCO Executive-Secretary
- HEM Kitack Lim, IMO Secretary-General
- Prof. Petteri Taalas, WMO Secretary General
- HEM Michael Lodge, ISA Secretary-General
- Frances Baskerville, Secretary-General CIRM
- Francis ZACHARIAE, Secretary-General IALA
Last modified: 08/06/2021 - 14:46